N. Hugh Mathews, PE
CEO and President
Many landmark development and infrastructure projects in the region have been made possible by Hugh’s ability to craft creative and strategic solutions, align diverse stakeholders, and simultaneously work within complex site, regulatory, financial and time constraints. These unique accomplishments have resulted in his earning the reputation as a premier authority on multidisciplinary civil infrastructure within the Southeastern region of the United States, and stem from his ability to identify and capitalize on opportunities to achieve desired outcomes that are typically missed by others.
Many community organizations rely on Hugh for guidance and support through his participation on governing boards, in fundraising activities, and active participation. Such organizations include:
- JAX Chamber
- Baptist Medical Center South Development Council
- Lifeline Children’s Services
- Seamark Ranch
- University of North Florida College of Computing, Engineering and Construction Dean’s Leadership Council
- University of Alabama College of Engineering Leadership Board
- University of Alabama Civil Engineering Department Board of Advisors
In 2005, the University of Alabama inducted Hugh as a Distinguished Engineering Fellow. Recognition as a Distinguished Fellow is the highest commendation given to graduates whose efforts have strengthened the reputation of the College of Engineering.